Our Chapter AGM was held on October 27, 2023 at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Megan Ondr-Cooper (Secretary), Christine Cassar (Member-at-Large Conference Support), Julia Langton (Member-at-Large Professional Development and Communications), Becky Gormley (Lower Mainland Coordinator), Eirini Giannaraki (Student and Emerging Evaluators Coordinator), Don Murray (Okanagan/Interior Coordinator), and Simran Jawanda (Northern Coordinator) had decided to step away from their positions. Three other Executive Council positions were also up for election.
In accordance with the structure and procedures laid out in our Chapter Bylaws, Brian McGowan chaired our AGM election which produced the following results:
- Vice President; Slavica Stevonovic - elected
- Secretary; Becky Gormley - elected
- Member-at-Large Conference Lead; Angela Randall - elected
- Member-at-Large Conference Support; Mel Michener - elected
- Member-at-Large Membership Secretary; Golareh Habibi - elected
- Member-at-Large Professional Development and Communication; Hafsa Sadiq - elected.
All elections were by acclamation.
Written statements were received from CESBC members expressing their interest in the following Coordinator positions:
- Student and Emerging Evaluators (SEE) Coordinator; Mai Berger
- Lower Mainland Coordinator #1; Karsang Magar
- Lower Mainland Coordinator #2; Bindu Mohan
- Northern BC Coordinator; Christiana Onabola
The Okanagan/Interior Coordinator is also vacant, but Gene Krupa has expressed potential interest.
Decisions on the Coordinator positions will be made by the new Council in the near future.
It is anticipated that our Council additions will bring energy, skills and experience to our team as we look forward to an exciting new year.
Chair, CESBC 2023 Nominations Committee